Join us for the WEPAN 2016 Change Leader Forum taking place June 14-16, 2016, in Broomfield, CO. Newcomers and experts alike from all sectors (science, engineering, technology, math, education, and social sciences) are invited to attend this Forum and contribute to increasing the participation of underrepresented groups in engineering.
In addition to five plenary sessions, participants will have opportunity to attend workshops, panels, Hi-Fives for Change talks, focused conversations and a Showcase Reception. The 2016 Change Leader Forum will include four distinct tracks:
- Roles for Diversity Programs in Engineering Culture Change
- Corporate and University Inclusion Initiatives
- Women of Color and White Women in Healthy, Equitable, Engineering Environments
- Activating the Dean's Pledge: Moving Toward Academic Culture Change
Early Bird Registration Ends March 31st! Click here to register for the Forum! The 2016 Change Leader Forum will take place at the Omni Interlocken Hotel, nestled in a gorgeous setting with a Rocky Mountain backdrop and championship golf course. Limited options outside the resort are available - be sure to make reservations before May 18, 2016!
Not a WEPAN Member? Join today and get the reduced conference rate.
Don't Fall Behind - Renew Now!
Has your institution renewed its membership yet? Renew now to take advantage of the WEPAN network, resources and benefits associated with the Change Leader Forum.
Institutional memberships are a way to bring together various members of your organizations to increase the momentum and effectiveness of your inclusion initiatives.
- Take advantage of professional development on topics such as unconscious bias, incivility, inclusive learning environments and transformative models/strategies for improving diversity
- Be part of the network where you can learn about and share emerging trends and successful strategies to create higher education cultures where all in engineering thrive
- Grow your brand as an institutional leader and champion for diversity and women in engineering
WEPAN congratulates and thanks Iowa State for being the first WEPAN member to renew at the Institutional Champion level!
“The Iowa State University College of Engineering and Program for Women in Science and Engineering have been strong supporters of WEPAN and its mission to enhance the success of women in the engineering professions. We are excited to make a commitment as the first member of the new Institutional Champion Level to help make sure the network remains the nation’s premier organization dedicated to the culture of inclusion, diversity and success for women in our field. WEPAN offers many opportunities to connect people, power initiatives and provide professional development. We are very proud to be part of such an important organization.”
Sarah Rajala, Dean
Iowa State University College of Engineering
Join Iowa State and other Institutional Champions such as Purdue University, The Ohio State University and Texas A&M University who are showing their outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion for the success of women and others under-represented in the field of engineering.
Need help in renewing? Contact the Membership Office at email@example.com or 303.871.4642.
2016 WEPAN Award Nominations Now Open!
Deadline: March 25, 2016
WEPAN Awards are presented at the annual Change Leader Forum and honor key individuals, programs, and corporations for accomplishments that underscore WEPAN's mission. There are several new awards this year! To learn more about each award, access nomination forms, or to view a list of past recipients, please click on the appropriate links below.
View past WEPAN Award winners here.
Nominate yourself or a colleague here!
Check Out WEPAN's New Career Center
WEPAN is excited to announce the creation of a new Career Center with enhanced benefits for posting jobs. All postings cross-post to several job search engines such as the Diversity Job Board Network, Engineering Job Board Network, Simply Hired and Indeed.
Members and Job Seeker Benefits
- Advanced job search capability
- Customized email job alerts
- Profile management and resume upload
- Easily apply online
- Discounts for all WEPAN members
- Affordable, customized posting and advertising packages with easy payment options
- Access to highly qualified candidates
- Searchable resume database
- Information on pricing for WEPAN members
- Login with your WEPAN username to take advantage of your specific membership level discount
Weekly Job Digest
Curious about the many exciting job opportunities being posted to WEPAN's new Career Center? Be on the lookout for our new weekly Job Digest! Starting February 29, 2016, WEPAN will send out a list via WEPAN-L of current job postings listed in our Career Center.
Free Webinar: Unintended Bias
Recognizing and Addressing Unintended Bias in Engineering Education
Join us! March 1, 2016; 2-3:00pm ET for "Recognizing and Addressing Unintended Bias in Engineering Education."
In this webinar faculty will learn how to recognize unintended bias and will practice addressing unintended biases that typically occur within engineering learning environments. In this FREE webinar, you will:
- Explore examples of bias common in engineering.
- Experience and learn a bias debriefing process.
- Examine identity and its relationship to bias.
- Learn of resources for developing bias reduction strategies. Learn to identify examples of unintended biases common in engineering education
Want to get MORE out of this webinar? Unfamiliar with unintended bias or need a refresher? Watch these brief prerecorded presentations on:
Invite your colleagues! Hold a watch party!