Time to Renew Institutional Memberships!
Based on feedback from the membership, WEPAN has repackaged its Institutional Memberships! Check out the new membership packages that include new professional development opportunities for college leadership and Change Leader Forum benefits such as FREE registrations, branding and visibility opportunities for your college and your inclusion initiatives.
New membership package options include:
Levels that include between 5 and an unlimited number of colleagues on your membership
- Free access to WEPAN’s archived and live professional development webinars
- Members-only online community and WEPAN-L listserv
- Access to ASEE’s data mining tool
- Free or discounted Change Leader Forum registrations, depending on member level Visibility and branding opportunities at Change Leader Forum
- Free or discounted rates to post institutional job openings on WEPAN’s new Career Center
For this initial renew period only, take advantage of an extended membership package with renewal not required until July, 2017!
Important changes for WEPAN members:
- All WEPAN-produced webinars have been moved from the www.wskc.org site to the www.wepan.org site.
- Archived webinars are now only accessible by member login. While some new live webinars will be available for viewing by the public (read our next news item below for details on our next live webinar), others will require a WEPAN member login.
- A special series of professional development, including some webinars, will be open exclusively to Academic Leaders Consortium and Institutional Champion membership levels.
- WEPAN-L will continue to be a source of information exchange for members wishing to share relevant news, research and opportunities related to student scholarships, fellowships and similar opportunities.
- Starting January 1, 2016, WEPAN-L will no longer accept job postings. All job opportunities (institutional and corporate) will be shared on WEPAN’s Career Center.
- For questions about the listserv and the Career Center, contact Aileen Blair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This week, WEPAN will be sending renewal instructions to the primary contacts of WEPAN member institutions. Stay tuned!
Check Out the New Website
You are encouraged to browse www.wepan.org to check out the new streamlined website featuring easy access to WEPAN webinars and the WEPAN Career Center.
- WEPAN’s new website features better navigation and new features such as direct access for members to view and download materials from WEPAN’s professional development series.*WEPAN’s next webinar: Building the Bridge from College to Career, will be held January, 2016.Details and registration information coming soon.*
- Members will also soon see a new Online Communities page, accessible with your member login, that will allow members to easily post, read and respond to forums and group conversations. WEPAN will unveil the new online communities in January, 2016.
- WEPAN’s Career Center attracts those who want to search for and post both academic and corporate opportunities in engineering. WEPAN members:
- Receive a great discount to post their jobs on this site
- Can share the site with colleagues, students and friends who for free can: view both corporate and academic opportunities available both nationwide and internationally create a profile and upload a CV/resume
- WEPAN’s News & Press blog highlights opportunities and announcements such as the WEPAN’s new partnership with the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium.
TECAID’s Mechanical Engineering Departments Learn Strategies for Leading Change-Projects to Advance Inclusion and Diversity
Earlier this year, faculty teams from five mechanical engineering departments were selected to participate in TECAID, a joint project of WEPAN, the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) and Purdue University. Starting with five institutions, TECAID’s overall goal is to provide programs with tools to help advance diversity and build more inclusive environments for students, faculty and staff – and to capture that developmental experience for the benefit of others in the future. Read more in the news blog here.
2016 WEPAN Call for Abstracts Now Open