The Industry Trailblazer Award recognizes and honors an employer or an individual or group of employees in industry who enhance the career success of women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) professionals, especially women identifying with minoritized groups (e.g., Black, Latina, or Native American). The award may recognize the employer or employee in industry for their exceptional volunteer contributions to the STEM education at the primary, secondary or collegiate levels, especially in reaching girls from minoritized groups in STEM fields. The name of the award signifies the ability of an employer or employee to “blaze a pathway” through the artificial barriers that prevent women in STEM professions of diverse backgrounds from attaining their full potential.
- Nominee must provide evidence that they are a catalyst for change that enhances the success of women in STEM industry professionals representing diverse backgrounds, or have significantly contributed to the STEM education and inspiration of girls from diverse backgrounds.
- Nominee must provide evidence that women in STEM professionals representing diverse backgrounds, especially women belonging to minoritized groups in the STEM fields, are employed at many levels in the organization, or that industry-sponsored, education outreach programs or individual employee education initiatives reach many diverse girls in primary, secondary or collegiate levels.
- Nominee must provide evidence of written policies or established practices which facilitate the full participation and career advancement of women engineers representing diverse backgrounds, especially women belonging to minoritized groups in the STEM fields.
- For education initiatives, nominee must provide evidence of documented company support for the individual and education programs, including a statement about the length of time the program has been conducted.
NOTE: This award is decided by majority vote of the Board and therefore active board members are not eligible to receive this award.
- Nomination Form
- Supporting Recommendation Letters: 2 letters from colleagues, including at least one from a WEPAN member.